The following quotations were compiled between 1974 and now. Quotes have come from many differing sources, from Shakespear and Voltaire to Clint Eastwood and Monty Python
Predominantly negative, although there are a number of happy positive quotes to be found in this collection
Read on and enjoy.
1. For what do we live, but to make sport for our
neighbours and laugh at them in our turn.
2. Never let a chance go by.
3. God save me from my friends, I can protect myself
4. The best defence against the atom bomb is, not to be there when it goes of.
5. Who knows, but the world may end tonight.
6. Let us all be happy, and live within our means, even if we have to borrow the money to do it with.
7. And we must take the current when it serves, or lose of ventures.
8. Life is one long process of getting tired.
9. Life is the art of drawing sufficient conclusions from insufficient premises.
10. All progress is based upon a universal innate desire on the part of every organism to live beyond its income.
11. TactaAlea Est
The Die is cast
12. There you go, its infallible, I can always tell a
thorough going basted when I see one.
13. Cry ‘Havoc’ and let slip the dogs of war.
14. There is a tide in the affairs of men, which taken at the flood, leads on to fortune.
15. Tu Ne Cede Malis Contra Audentior Ito.
Yield not to misfortunes, but advance all the more boldly against them.
16. Excitement, adventure and really wild things.
17. We have lost everything. Is there not one thing in your life worth losing everything for.
18. We will all eat lamb in paradise.
19. Everything is changing, lost, drifting away on the wind.
20. Why spoil the beauty of a thing with legality.
21. The path of my life is strewn with cow pats from the Devils own satanic herd.
22. From hell’s heart, I stab at thee, for hate’s sake, I spit my last breath at thee.
23. In the end, winning is the only safety.
24. Que Fata Vocant.
What fate my bring.
25. If you plan to face tomorrow, do it soon.
26. He who trusts can never be betrayed, only mistaken.
27. Integer Vitae Sceleris Purus.
The man of upright life unstained by guilt.
28. Innocence is safety.
29. The secret of being boring is to say everything.
30. Carpe Diem, Quam minimum credulapostero
Snatch at today and trust as little as you can in tomorrow.
31. The trouble with some women is that they get all
excited about nothing and then marry him.
32. Whatever women do they must do twice as well as men to be thought half as good. Luckily, this is not difficult.
33. If you never want to see a man again, say I love you, I want to marry you, I want to have children. They leave skid marks.
34. God made man, and then said, I can do better than that, and made women.
35. Men are creatures with two legs and eight hands
36. First time you buy a house you see how pretty the paint is and you buy it. The second time you look to see if the basement has termites. It’s the same with men.
37. Marrying a man is like buying something you’ve ben admiring for a long time in a shop window. You may love it when you get it home, but it doesn’t always go with everything else in
38. The intelligent man who is proud of his intelligence is like the condemned man who is proud of his large cell.
39. Behind every great man there is a surprised woman.
40. Give a man a free hand and he’ll run it all over you.
41. Non shall pass this way.
42. Everyone is entitled to one really big mistake.
43. No good deed goes unpunished.
44. Almost is never good enough.
45. Here begins my lasting joy.
46. A good big one will always beat a bad little one.
47. My life’s dream has been a perpetual nightmare.
48. Nobody told me there would be days like these.
49. It’s all so unfair.
50. Life, don’t talk to me about life.
51. Life is what happens to you while you’re busy making other plans.
52. Far too intelligent for that.
53. You won’t catch me with those trick questions
54. This is not here
55. I can see hope running towards the horizon with it’s arse on fire.
56. A man’s got to know his limitations.
57. If you want to live high, live high. If you want to live low, live low.
58. I have to hurry.
59. It’s been a bad year, the next one will probably be worse.
60. It seemed like a good idea at the time.
61. Trouble, I have seen your face, and it’s too much for meto bear.
Ready, come what may.
63. Integer vitae.
Blameless of life.
64. Non licet omnibus adireconinthum.
Circumstance deny us certain pleasure.
65. Cogito ergo sum.
I think, therefore I am
66. Nemo me impunelacessit.
No one provokes me with impunity.
It’s tough to be a loser.
68. Volo, non valeo.
I am willing but unable.
69. Fill your time with meaningless tedium, it works for me.
70. We are on the brink of a new era, if only.
71. Illius me paenitet, dux.
Sorry about that chief.
72. Me TransmitteSursum, Caledoni
Beam me up scotty.
73. Quantum PlacuiTibi
How was it for you.
74. Mouitne Terra, utitaDicam.
Did the earth move.
Was I great, or what
Want to do it again.
77. Age, facutgaudeam.
Go ahead, make my day.
78. Nolinothis permitters teterere.
Don’t let the bastards wear you down.
79. Semel non satisest.
Once is not enough.
80. Born to blush unseen and waste my sweetness on the desert air.
81. A pessimist is an optimist in possession of all the facts
82. Behind every doubt, there lurks an immoral certainty.
83. It is most gratifying that your enthusiasm for our land continues unabated, and so, I would like to assure you that the guided missiles currently converging with you are part of
a special service we attend to all out most enthusiastic visitors and the fully armed nuclear was heads are of course merely a courtesy detail. We look forward to your visit in future
84. The entry to this property is guarded by a creature so foul so cruel that no man yet has fought with it and lived. Bones of four fifty men lie strewn about it’s lair. So brave people if
you doubt your courage or your strength, come no further for death awaits you all.
85. What about life, what about cars, what about money, what about women, what about work, what about health, what about land, what about life, what about women, what about motorsport, what
about it all, what about running away, run away, run away.
86. I am the nail, life is the hammer.
87. If you don’t want the answer, don’t ask the question.
88. I listen to the wind come howl, telling me I have to hurry, I listen to the robin’s song saying not to worry.
89. I never did bad things, I never did good things, I never did anything at all.
90. It is my destiny.
91. Heaven does not want me, and hell’s afraid I’ll take over.
92. Civilisation is a limitless multiplication of unnecessary necessities.
93. Revenge is a dish best served cold.
94. Life, life is a tale, told by a fool, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
95. Hold tight for happiness.
96. Those memories come back to haunt me, they haunt me like a curse.
97. This must be Saturday, I never could get the hang of Saturdays.
98. There is sorrow enough in the natural way, why do we always arrange for more.
99. One great use of words is to hide our thoughts.
100. Enslaved by the events of the day.
101. I have given it a lot of thought and I’ve decided that, I can’t stand myself.
102. I have done it before, I can do it again.
103. Once in a lifetime there comes an opportunity.
104. How often have I said to you, that when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.
105. Failed one, failed twice, I won’t fail again.
106. Don’t Panic.
Abandon hope all ye who enter here.
108. It was fun while it lasted.
109. You know what they say, somethings in life are bad, they can really make you mad, other things just make you swear and curse. When you’re chewing on life’s gristle, don’t grumble, give a
whistle and this will help things turn out for the best. And always look on the bright side of life.
110. Worry doesn’t help tomorrow’s troubles, but it does ruin todays happiness.
111. A wish changes nothing, a decision changes everything.
112. Only those who risk going to far can possibly find out how far one can go.
113. You may not know all the answers, but you probably won’t be asking all the questions either.
114. Ninety percent of those who fail are not actually defeated, they simply quite.
115. There is only one group of people who don’t have problems and they’re all dead. Problems are a sign of life, So the more problems you have, the more alive you are.
116. Success is to be measured not so much be the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles that one has overcome while trying to succeed.
117. Remember, there are two benefits to failure. First, if you do fail, you learn what doesn’t work, and second, the failure gives you the opportunity to try a new approach.
118. If we all did the things we are capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves.
119. I was seldom able to see an opportunity until it ceased to be one.
120. You think to much.
121. Accept that some days you are the pigeon and some days the statue.
122. Needing someone is like needing a parachute. If they aren’t there the first time, chances are you won’t be needing them again.
123. Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
124. You can go anywhere you want if you look serious and carry a clipboard.
125. It is better to stay silent and appear a fool, than to say something and confirm it.
126. Love the life you live and live the life you love.
127. Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it.
128. Life is like rowing up stream, not to advance means dropping back.
129. I know better, but I don’t always do better.
130. If you’re not failing, you’re not trying hard enough.
131. Just because you can do something doesn’t mean you should.
132. All I need is a tall ship and a star to steer her by.
133. First against the wall when the revolution comes.
134. Let us sit upon the carpet and tell sad tales of woe.
135. Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.
136. Our lives improve only when we take chances and the first and most difficult we can take is to be honest with ourselves.
137. Nothing will ever be attempted if all possible objections must be overcome first.
138. No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.
139. The time is always right to do what is right.
140. In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.
141. Do, or do not. There is no try.
142. Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever.
143. I have not failed, I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.
144. People who say it can’t be done should get right out of the way of those who are already doing it.
145. Life is a great big canvas, and you should throw all the paint you can on it.
146. Never, never, never give up.
147. Don’t wait, the time will never be just right.
148. Thoughts are things, they have tremendous power. Thoughts of doubt and fear are pathways to failure. When you conquer negative attitudes of doubt and fear you conquer failure.
149. Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
150. I cannot give you the formula for success, but I can give you the formula for failure, which is, try to please everybody.
151. The punters know that the horse named morality rarely gets past the post, whereas the nag named self interest always runs a good race
152. The only way of finding the limits of the possible is by going beyond them into the impossible.
153. The difference between involvement and commitment is like and egg and ham breakfast, the chicken was involved, the pig was committed.
154. The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds, and the pessimist fears this is true.
155. Life’s a piece of shit, when you look at it.
156. VeniVidi Vice
I came, I saw, I conquered.
157 By the prickling of my thumps, something wicked this way comes.
158. Out spot, out foul stop, out I say.
159. That will be the day.
160. Missed it by that much.